[Monotone-devel] Re: move from one branch to another

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: move from one branch to another
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:30:08 +0000

Drakie Awita <address@hidden> writes:

> If I have 3 revisions of A, B, and W in a single branch of
> "prj.release", with history graph of: A->B, A->W
> Then monotone reports that there're two heads, B and W, in the branch
> of "prj.release".
>
> Let's say revision W is mistakenly checked into the branch of
> "prj.release" and should have had checked into its own branch of
> "prj.working".  In order to avoid the merge between B and W, how can I
> rename the branch name of revision W from "prj.release" to
> "prj.working"?

[...]

> Is there anyway to undo the mistake of checking into a wrong branch?
> Or at least have the "prj.release" branch back to single head (with
> the content of rev-B) without unnecessary merge of rev-B and rev-W?

You could disapprove W, then the merger of the heads should be
trivial.  Other than that, I think you're stuck with hacking the
database, so consult schema.sql, then do something like:

monotone db execute "delete from revision_certs where
id='3e68d72062b82697eb6484d093acceb2f5eb7406' and name='branch'"

and maybe add whatever the magic is for value, too.  (The above will
remove all branch certs from the revision, which is probably OK.)

(id should be the revision id, obviously.)