Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.sqlite3.binary adapted to rosters (and finished

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.sqlite3.binary adapted to rosters (and finished)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:32:49 +0100

Conrad Steenberg schrieb:
> Just out of curiosity, do you notice speed improvements as well as the
> obvious size reduction?

Of course all disk bound activity is speed up by a factor of 33% as well
(you have to transfer much less data) and to me monotone is mostly disk
bound. But since the cert data gets base64 encoded internally again to
match the internal data structures some possible improvements are lost.

I would expect the migration of keys to BLOBs to have a higher speed
gain since all the database keys shrink by 50%. But perhaps the fact
that monotone internally stores all IDs in hexadecimal outweights this
factor. I don't know, yet.

It certainly _feels_ faster than plain 0.26pre1
   Christof