Re: [Monotone-devel] Public monotone hosting

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Public monotone hosting
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:40:27 -0600

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 01:42 +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:57:49 -0600, Timothy
> Brownawell <address@hidden> said:
>
> tbrownaw> Anyone interested?
> tbrownaw>
> tbrownaw> https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/brownawe/www/host.tar.bz2
>
> I finally took a look, restructured a little bit, and when trying to
> look at the page, I get a blank.  Literally.

I'm really not terribly surprised. One of the odd bits is that
everything's on one page, just hidden/unhidden by javascript depending
on what was asked for.

>  If I comment away the
> two script tags, I get the intended page.  Do you have any idea what's
> going on?  I'm no JavaScript programmer, so I basically have no idea
> where to start...

It's probably mostly that that's my first project with javascript, and
also about my first with web stuff in general. So it probably sucks
horribly.

I've been poking at a (hopefully) saner version for a while now that
does cool things like use a real database, work with viewmtn, and
(hopefully, eventually) generally work better. But it's only half
working so far.

Tim