Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Debian apt-friendly monotone archive

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Debian apt-friendly monotone archive
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 07:58:29 +0100

Chad Walstrom wrote:

Yeah, that's what happens.  Lots of upgrades that you may not want.
You may have to play around with apt preferences (man apt_preferences)
to get the right pinning (selection of packages based on component,
archive, etc.).

Here is mine:

And just to throw my hat into the ring, here's mine (with a bonus explanatory link). This should stick with testing for everything except the things where I've explicitly installed something from unstable.

Explanation: see http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html
Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900