Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:28:53 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 3 Jan 2006 03:47:28 -0500, "Faré"
<address@hidden> said:

fahree> Dear monotone developers,
fahree>
fahree> ever since monotone 0.23, I haven't been able to synchronize my arm
fahree> pda with my monotone scripts: the monotone client failed when trying
fahree> to connect to the server. Now, I've upgrade all my linux PCs to 0.24
fahree> from debian, and synchronization simply doesn't work at all. I notice
fahree> that when I did a monotone db migrate, it created different key files
fahree> in each machine's ~/.monotone/keys. Could that play a role? The error
fahree> message isn't very helpful:
fahree>
fahree> monotone: connecting to localhost:35411
fahree> monotone: read from fd 6 (peer localhost:35411) failed, disconnecting
fahree>
fahree> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hmm, I've had to add a key specification a few times when I upgraded
to 0.24:

  monotone sync blah.foo.com 'a.branch.*' -k address@hidden

Maybe you need to do that as well?

Cheers,