Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz oddities again?

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz oddities again?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:53:17 +0200

 Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker [Wednesday 26 October 2005] :

 > richard> I just noticed that I'm currently getting a disconnected
 > richard> graph in monotone-viz.  Am I alone in this?  Olivier, can you
 > richard> remind me how to generate some debugging output for you?

Yes I've noticed this. Actually it's because the graph is no more
disconnected. Someone did a commit&merge on a rather old revision
(from august) which had effect on reconnecting what was previously two
components. I'm not sure what I could do to "fix" the layout.

 > And oh, I work with the bleeding edge, both of monotone-viz
 > (4e8b670a7090b6a49ea60440be4182b1bb6ca86c) and monotone
 > (e54b9741e204c966f94a71bbccafd6202cea0eb1).

Ah, I forgot to push my changes to the venge.net server so, in fact,
you're not so bleeding edge :). I just pushed them now. With the
latest monotone-viz you can view any set of branches (and not just a
branch / a branch + all sub-branches). If you select n.v.monotone and
the branch that was responsible for the disconnection in the graph
(was that n.v.rewrites.path_handling ?), I think you'll get a nicer
layout.

--
   Olivier