Re: [Monotone-devel] cygwin and monotone

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cygwin and monotone
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:40:53 +1300

At 2005-10-14T13:34:13+0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Since a few weeks cygwin has got a precompiled boost package, so it
> should be possible to compile monotone under cygwin.

You could before, you just had to build Boost first.

> Problem is (seems to be) that cygwin's boost doesn't include "test"
> module (dunno what the problem is, I'm not the boost maintaner ^_^).
>
> So here comes the stupid question: is "test" really needed by monotone?
> Would be easy to patch a version that doesn't use it?

boost_unit_test_framework is only required for the unit tests.  I've
committed a change to configure.ac in
65f85490cb920bc9f9e2886b48b5a00f38d37fea that makes a missing
unit_test_framework library a non-fatal error.  With this change, monotone
builds without any problems under a recent install of Cygwin.

Unfortunately, the resulting binary crashes immediately.  I suspect this
will be due to a static initialization problem (we've seen these before on
different platforms when doing ports of monotone), but I haven't had time to
dig into it yet.

Cheers,
-mjg
--