Re: [Monotone-devel] Compiling from source

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Compiling from source
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:09:18 +0200

Ethan Blanton wrote:

Zbynek Winkler spake unto us the following wisdom:
Ok, the problem seems to be boost-1.32. It is linked with libstdc++.so.5 but gcc-4.0 uses libstdc++.so.6 so the resulting executable links to both and that seems to be the problem :(

So, I installed boost-dev (1.33) from debian unstable and after a couple of recompiles everything seems to work (I have not run make check yet).

May I suggest an improvement for the configure stuff? When checking for the required boost libraries - could it also try to run the compiled executables to make sure it actually works?
This is generally not something which one would want to do, as it
breaks cross-compiles.  (The check can of course simply be turned off
for cross compiles, but ...)
Hmm. Right. So how can one test if the generated library does not link to conflicting libraries?

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic