Re: [Monotone-devel] Serving * does not work

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Serving * does not work
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:51:46 +1300

At 2005-10-12T01:17:27+0200, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
> When I server all branches with
>
> monotone serve 0.0.0.0 *
>
> I can not sync from other computers, I get an error
> something like:
>
> access denied due to branch xxx.yyy
>
> Using monotone version 0.23.
> Is this known?

You need to escape the asterisk, otherwise the shell will perform glob
expansion on it and replace the '*' with a list of files from the current
directory.

If you run monotone with '--debug' specified, you'll see what's going on
because monotone will log the list of command-line arguments that it saw.

Try the following, instead:

$ monotone serve 0.0.0.0 '*'

Cheers,
-mjg