Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug report: monotone add command fails on Windows

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug report: monotone add command fails on Windows
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:01:13 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:41:04 -0700, Roger House
<address@hidden> said:

rhouse> 4.  I looked at the file options in workcopy\MT.  It contains
rhouse>   branch "com.InfoCentricity.rhouse.learn"
rhouse> database "C:/OPENSO~1/Monotone/LEARN/learn.db"

As someone else said, it's a bit dicy to put the database in the work
directory.  However, as long as you don't add it, you should be fine.

rhouse> 5.  I created two files with a text editor, myfile1.txt and
rhouse>     myfile2.txt, each containing a few lines of text.

Where exactly did you put them?  You see, looking at your debug
output, it looks like you created them inside the MT directory, which
is a big no-no:

[...]
rhouse> monotone: initial abs path is: C:/OPENSO~1/Monotone/LEARN/WORKCOPY/MT
[...]                                                                     ^^^
rhouse> monotone: initializing from directory
C:/OPENSO~1/Monotone/LEARN/WORKCOPY/MT
rhouse> monotone: searching for 'MT' directory with root '/'
rhouse> monotone: 'MT' not found in 'C:/OPENSO~1/Monotone/LEARN/WORKCOPY/MT'
rhouse> with '' removed
rhouse> monotone: search for 'MT' ended at
'C:/OPENSO~1/Monotone/LEARN/WORKCOPY'
rhouse> with 'MT' removed
rhouse> monotone: paths.cc:209: invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))'
violated
[...]

The MT directory is for administrative and temporary files, and can
never be checked in.

Cheers,
Richard

-----