Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: net.venge.monotone.cvssync

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: net.venge.monotone.cvssync
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 02:23:49 -0700

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:14:21AM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> I would like to make cvs_push do this functionality: If cvs_push does
> not find neither a matching cvs-revisions tag nor a valid module on the
> CVS server it should output a message that it is going to commit the
> whole tree to this branch (and that the user should press ^C if this is
> not intended), wait some moments and then begin:

I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear I'm going to pick nits about this
UI :-).  Wouldn't it be better to have a command-line switch or
separate command name, so that e.g. this functionality is usable from
scripts without pointless pauses, and people whose phone rings just as
they run a command don't have their typos committed for all posterity?

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould