[Monotone-devel] Sane handling of symlinks

From: Belgabor
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Sane handling of symlinks
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:47:08 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to store symlinks in a somewhat sane way. By default monotone
just stores a copy of the linked file, as expected from the
documentation (no special treatment of symlinks in the database).
Unfortunately persistance of symlinks is quite essential to me.
>From the documentation I gathered that symlinks should be handled by
.mt-attrs and lua hooks in monotonerc. Unfortunately I have no idea how
to use this mechanism to perform the task (ie store symlinks in a sane
way). Does anyone have experience with this situation? Especially in a
multi-platform case (linux/windows).

Cheers
Tobias