Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [cdv-devel] Precise cdv-merge algorithm overvie

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [cdv-devel] Precise cdv-merge algorithm overview
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:21:02 -0500

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 19:31 -0400, Antony Trupe wrote:

> On 6/11/05, Bram Cohen <address@hidden> wrote:
>         Antony Trupe wrote:
>         > -Would I be writing a tool to use an existing implementation
>         of the
>         > merge algorithm, or writing a tool that itself implements
>         the algorithm?
>
>         The former, although since cdv-merge is written in Python
>         you'll have to
>         write some C calling Python code or transliterate the merge
>         code.
>
> I decided to transliterate, and have made decent progress so far.
> recurse_matches(...) and unique_lcs(...) have both been implemented
> and verified, but I'm having a little trouble with the two classes,
> LivingStatus and FileState, and new_file_state(...), but mostly with
> new_file_state().

I've been working on translating it too (trying to implement it for the
internal merge in monotone), what I have is at

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/brownawe/www/pcdv.cc

So far, it's pretty slow and really memory-intensive, but I think it
works. I've been trying to optimize, but that version doesn't quite work
right.

Tim