Re: [Monotone-devel] Large-scale usage (was: private key needed for sync

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Large-scale usage (was: private key needed for sync?)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:59:11 -0700

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:43:52PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
> I've been following this discussion with some interest.
> Zbynek remarked:
>
>  > I just get the felling that the
>  > "one-huge-file-with-every-revision-of-every-project" does
>  > not scale very well.

Well, why do you think that, I guess?  (And how huge are you talking
about?)  I doubt we have directly applicable numbers on hand.

> And went on to ask:
>
>  > how does monotone handle multiple connections to the
>  > netsync server? Can multiple users sync at the same time
>  > or could one busy project stall all the others?

Yes, multiple users can sync at the same time -- the server does
asynchronous IO and and multiplexes between them.  At least, that's
the theory.

> I don't think these points have been addressed yet, and I,
> for one, would be very curious to find out what the answers
> are.
>
> Do any of the Monotone gurus around here have a moment to
> help me with that?

HTH,

IBM manual SENG-5155-01:  Power Supply and Air Moving Device Installation
Instruction for iSeries 820 and 5075.