[Monotone-devel] Switching to monotone from CVS

From: Mark Hagger
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Switching to monotone from CVS
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:45:52 +0100

Hi,

I've been looking quite hard at various SCM's with a view to switching
from CVS.  CVS is slowly, but surely, becoming less and less fitting for
our needs.

Monotone certainly looks like it'll do what we need, a few CVS migration
tests and experiments seem to imply that all is well.

My only nagging worry (and this is partly because my boss is asking me
this exact same question before giving me the go ahead to press on with
this migration), is how stable/reliable is monotone?

I've done a few google searches and the like, but can't find much
reference at all to anything more than a few very small scale projects
using monotone heavily.

Its quite probable I'm worrying about nothing, I'd just like to hear a
few success stories really...

On a related note, half our developers are windows die-hards (I've tried
over the years to educate them, but its a lost cause, some people just
won't see the light!), is the windows port nice and stable too?
Obviously the windows users will hate having to move from a GUI (winCVS)
to a command line approach, but fortunately its not their decision.

Mark

--
Mark Hagger
address@hidden

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan
service.