[Monotone-devel] Re: Win32 version 0.19 ticker dot default now?

From: Henry Nestler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Win32 version 0.19 ticker dot default now?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:10:09 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 06:37:52PM +0200, Henry Nestler wrote:

Hello!

The ticker is default "dot".  Should default "count"?  See --help.
Older version 0.18 was "--ticker=count" default.

The change is that we taught the Win32 version how to detect whether
it was writing to a terminal or not, and choose between "count" and
"dot" on that basis.  I guess this means that our logic is not clever
enough to figure out that whatever terminal you are using is, in fact,
a terminal?

Yes, it's a open command prompt on Windows XP-Home. No redirection for input and output. Simple command line.

Only for debug have output redir with "2>out.txt"

The code in question is in win32/terminal.cc; basically, it says, dumb
terminals are those for which one of the following holds:
  -- not a tty, according to _isatty()
  -- environment variable TERM is unset, or empty, or equal to "dumb",
     or equal to "emacs"

Hopefully that gives some clue why your terminal is being misdetected?

TERM ist not set per default XP environment.
If I set TERM=ansi, count was use.

--
Henry