Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.

From: Jeremy Fincher
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:59:20 -0500

On Feb 14, 2005, at 9:24 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 04:55 -0800, Logan Sackette wrote:
When I first started using monotone, I felt the name
was too long.  But I have been aliasing it to "mt" (I
don't use the default mt command on my laptop) but I
will use "mtn" going forward.

If the name can be changed, that would be nice.  But I
would rather see more effort place on storing multiple
projects in one database.  I like how SVN has one
database (though you can have multiple databases) for
multiple projects.

I also alias monotone to mt, since I don't use the standard mt command.
But I'd rather (very much) keep the full name for the binary.

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping the full name, but I think it's important that a *standard* short name also be provided.

Jeremy