Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Trying to understand the ideas behind cherrypic

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Trying to understand the ideas behind cherrypicking...
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:47:34 +0100

Hi,

I've only skimmed over previous mail on this and related threads, but I seem to be missing some context, or to put it another way, a vision of a real-life "use case" where one would use cherrypicking. Doubtless there are many, but it'd help my understanding (and maybe that of others) of the subject if someone more familiar with the subject could describe a specific case where one would want to cherrypick patches.

--
Jon Bright