Re: [Monotone-devel] [from svn list] Case study: Mono switches to Subver

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [from svn list] Case study: Mono switches to Subversion
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:07:18 -0800

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 11:27:35AM +0100, Jon Bright wrote:
> (I'm not arguing against you, just mentioning as an aside why imho, it's
> really important to add annotate at some point)

Whelp, sounds like everyone's agreed... anyone want a project? :-)

Seems like it should be pretty straightforward and self-contained.
Monotone already knows how to walk the revision graph and how to
generate diffs; for the algorithm you can steal from CVS or SVN or
whoever.

For extra credit handle merges correctly... (though just picking an
arbitrary path backwards is probably okay for a first pass; it reduces
but doesn't eliminate the command's utility).

"On arrival in my ward I was immediately served with lunch. `This is
what you ordered yesterday.' I pointed out that I had just arrived,
only to be told: `This is what your bed ordered.'"
  -- Letter to the Editor, The Times, September 2000