[Monotone-devel] Two bugs

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Two bugs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:36:54 -0800

Two bugs in the 0.15 release that are fixed in the current public
netsync server head for the branch net.venge.monotone.changesets:
  -- head calculation was broken; if a revision had _any_ children
     (even children on other branches), then it was not considered a
     head.  You'll especially run into this if you branch from a head
     or use 'propagate'; it affects the behavior of 'heads',
     'propagate', and 'merge', and can lead to the scary "branch ...
     is empty" message.
  -- diff'ing between revisions in the database was broken if the
     second revision contained any adds; this is one of the causes of
     the "invariant 'I(ident() != "")' violated" assertion error.

Neither of these is a show-stopper, but I think they've both been hit
by more than one person over the last few days, so figured it was
worth letting people know what the solution is (and so people won't
go crazy when their heads start mysteriously "disappearing"...).

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein