[Monotone-devel] please read: changeset branch is now live

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] please read: changeset branch is now live
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:25:30 -0500

hi,

I've released more-or-less "the" cutover version of monotone, 0.15, which represents the end of my support for the pre-changeset versions and the beginning of support for changeset versions.

I've moved venge.net (a.k.a. off.net) to serve changeset-based netsync (protocol 2) so if you try to talk to it using protocol 1 it will disconnect, hopefully telling you why on your end. there are probably bugs in it.

I haven't gotten to the windows build yet. I'll be back in windows in the next couple days and will produce the build at that time. sorry for the lack of simultineity. for the time being I've commented it off the webpage. I'll have the build up before a freshmeat announcement goes out, but I wanted to get the basics out and visible tonight. operation seems to shake bugs out real good.

it is probably going to be rickety and broken for the next little while. I'd appreciate feedback, preferably in nice friendly language, with testcases and bug reports and candy. or just angry emails.

-graydon