RE: [Monotone-devel] netsync server timeout errors

From: Badai Aqrandista
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] netsync server timeout errors
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:53:40 +1000

Hi all,

I've been playing with monotone for a ew days. And it was a pleasure. I'd like to start contributing.

First, I think we've found a timeout issue when a slow client is performing an initial pull of a database. We noticed that pulling monotone from off.net (the suggested test from the INSTALL file) would succeed from some of our machines (Opteron RHEL 3.0) and fail from others (Ultra2/400 Solaris 5.8). The failure message was

This happen to me as well. I do a pull from my linux box at home with a 56k modem connection and this error always occur. But the strange thing is, I can checkout things from the database that I pulled into. And other operation works well, but I got an invariant error (I forgot what it is). And then I do another pull and it was a success. After that, no problem occur. I even can do changesetify to the database.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks,
Badai Aqrandista

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail