[Monotone-devel] monotone log outside of work directory...

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone log outside of work directory...
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:11:00 +0200 (CEST)

... is it supposed to work the way it does?  Right now, if I stand in
a directory that's not a work directory, I get the exact same output:

 : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/pdc.db --branch=foo log
 Version: da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709
 ChangeLog:

 : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/pdc.db log
 Version: da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709
 ChangeLog:

Please note that this is the *exact* output, independent of database
and of branch (the database above exists, the branch "foo" doesn't,
and I do get the exact same output if I use an existing branch).

If I place myself in a proper work directory, I get the expected
output for the branch the work directory is associated with.

Now, I'm thinking that as long as you provide the correct database and
branch, monotone should give a log for that branch, just as if it
stood in a work directory associated with that branch.

Does anyone mind if I implement such a behavior?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/