Re: [Monotone-devel] Ancestry Graph

From: Matt Johnston
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ancestry Graph
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:13:06 +0800

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:01:41PM -0400, Brian Campbell wrote:
> The information currently output by the agraph information is not as
> useful as it could be. I'm considering adding some more functionality,
> and wonder what people think of these ideas.
>
> output dot format files, rather than xvcg format. What do people think
> of having me update it to output DOT format? Has someone already done
>
> Also, I have found that it's very helpful to include in nodes
> information like the author, date, and first line of the changelog. I

If anyone wants, I've attached a quick-hack "agraphviz" command patch
which I added to monotone, based on the "agraph" code. It's against the
main monotone tree from a couple of months ago, should apply reasonably
cleanly though. The output includes manifestID, branch, author, date, and
the first few lines of comments.

Matt