Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Looking at the code affected in bug 9752 leaves

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Looking at the code affected in bug 9752 leaves a weird taste...
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:46:10 -0600

Bruce Stephens wrote:
Oh.  I haven't tried putting a binary file into monotone.  I was
assuming it would make a distinction, to avoid firing up emacs with
ediff to merge versions of binary files, for example.  Quite possibly
it doesn't, though.

FWIW, it does seem to be working ok for me with java .jar files on windows.

And I'm really happy that Richard has kicked this one off because the line ending stuff that is currently happening on windows is a pain. I did try checking out files from a db created on windows (which seems to come out with CRLF endings) on a linux box and it comes out with LFLF endings (i.e. each CR is changed to an LF).

I dug a bit further into this one, extracting, decoding and uzipping the raw file data from the db and they do seem to have doubled up LF's. I don't know what I my get_linesep_conv hook was set to when those files were created and to complicate things I'm running monotone under cygwin, whether that has any implications or not I don't know.

Derek