[Monotone-devel] Re: Update replacing deleted files

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Update replacing deleted files
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:59:00 +0100

Hans Fuchs <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Maybe reverting single files is better, but not as comfortable. And
> an enormous task if you accidently deleted a hole directory tree :-)

I think reverting individual files is a better interface.  It wouldn't
hurt to give update a (non-default) option to replace unrecorded
removed files, just to make cvs users more comfortable.  It ought to
be easy to script something for the moment (just grep in MT/manifest
and use "monotone cat file ... > "), but it would be useful to have
something built in to monotone.

[...]