[Monotone-devel] Re: version 1.14 fails "make check"

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: version 1.14 fails "make check"
Date: 16 Aug 2004 13:47:11 +0200

Richard Levitte writes:

 > You need the following:

 >  1. the branch name
 >  2. the key that signed the branch cert
 >  3. the list of <branch,key> trust tupples.

 > You get 1 and 2 from the branch cert.

What if the certificate -- for which I have to decide
whether to trust it or not -- is not a BRANCH certificate? I
would like to accept a, say, APPROVE signed by Graydon in
the net.venge.monotone branch, but not in the
simons.super.duper.private.stuff branch. How do I implement
that?

What about ANCESTOR, for instance? Won't trusted ANCESTOR
certificates be used for 3-way merges, regardless of the
branch they are in? In that case, trusting (or not trusting)
BRANCH won't be good enough.

Or do I misunderstand something?

Peter