Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: version 1.14 fails "make check"

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: version 1.14 fails "make check"
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:33:14 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:48:37 -0400, "graydon hoare"
<address@hidden> said:

graydon> however, receiving a key doesn't make you trust it. you may need
graydon> to adjust your trust rules if you want to trust them. if you really
graydon> don't have them (try monotone ls keys) then this is a bug.

I just tried pulling to a different local database:

  : address@hidden:~
  : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/monotone2.db db init
  : address@hidden:~
  : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/monotone2.db read <
/home/levitte/monotonework/off.net/monotone/address@hidden
  monotone: read 1 packet
  : address@hidden:~
  : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/monotone2.db pull off.net
net.venge.monotone
  monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
  monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
  monotone: connecting to off.net
  monotone: [bytes in: 3491920] [bytes out: 111235]
  monotone: exchanged goodbyes and flushed output on fd 7 (peer off.net),
disconnecting
  : address@hidden:~
  : ; monotone --db=/home/levitte/monotone-repo/monotone2.db list keys

  [public keys]
  70a0f283898a18815a83df37c902e5f1492e9aa2 address@hidden
  352482b9c915aebb3e4665b6003613da58a77bfd address@hidden
  3635f4c0f5703026095702c719ee5432dbabf7f8 address@hidden
  d946f663d045a49262bcf5f2e86e74f3e44f87fa address@hidden
  0cb6feec3f627c8fbd53447df93193b6ab34afa0 address@hidden
  4dbf40bb41ba48c6b65eca5d3196f2580c428779 address@hidden
  de84b575d5e47254393eba49dce9dc4db98ed42d address@hidden
  10b5b36b4aadc46c0a946b6e76e087ccdddf8b86 address@hidden
  20289365fc90ef501739c57e359a87191476859b address@hidden
  b0b7b313d24a59dd8371e42af88319c6f51e2269 address@hidden

  : address@hidden:~
  : ;

Neither my key or Derek's are present.  Looks like a bug to me...

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/