[Monotone-devel] Re: restrictions and SVN type branches/tags?

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: restrictions and SVN type branches/tags?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:27:35 -0400

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:35:38 -0600, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:

Graydon, or anyone else in the know, does this sound ok? Are there any negative
implications to having two (or more) different branch certs on a manifest? Is
monotone
cert <id> branch some.branch.name now the way to create a new branch before any
changes
have been made?

there are no negative implications; overlapping branches have been part of the
intended design since the beginning.

if you like we can add a new command like "monotone branch <newbranchname>"
which is a short form for "monotone cert <current-id> branch <newbranchname>";
I don't really know how much it's good or bad to "hide" the branch-is-a-cert
notion from users. my hunch is "not much".

-graydon