[Monotone-devel] Identical manifests issue with heads

From: Mark White
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Identical manifests issue with heads
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:39:38 +0100

Experimenting with creating identical manifests this
afternoon, I did something like this:

  % monotone commit "one"
  ...change a file...
  % monotone commit "two"
  ...change it back...
  % monotone commit "three"

Naturally commits "one" and "three" have the same manifest
hash, which is ok; but it also produces this problem:

  % monotone heads
  monotone: fetching heads of branch 'mjw.mt.test3'
  branch 'mjw.mt.test3' is empty

which in turn means you can't check out a new working copy
until you've checked in a change (maybe a 'bump'?) in an
existing copy.  (This empty-branch behaviour doesn't happen
after multiple empty commits, just after 'reversion').

I'm a monotone newcomer so forgive me if this is a known
issue I've missed in the ML archives.

Mark <><