Re: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Question 6

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Question 6
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:53:44 -0700

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:15:33PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> 6) I understand that the maximum size of a file that can be committed is
> currently 16mb.  a) Can that figure be increased b) Does Monotone perform
> any compression on that file as it is committing it.

Graydon had some crazy plan a while ago for how to make that size
arbitrarily large, but nothing's come of it yet and I don't know if he
still thinks it would work.

Monotone gzip's the data stored in the repository; it's actually
base64(gzip(data)) that can't be over 16mb.

"But suppose I am not willing to claim that.  For in fact pianos
are heavy, and very few persons can carry a piano all by themselves."

This email may be read aloud.