[Monotone-devel] Re: Newbie Question 4

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Newbie Question 4
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:30:31 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
4) Is there any way to interact with the depot via other SQLite interfaces (e.g. odbc, php, cgi, etc)? I'm interested in doing this in the remote offices, as their data is read-only. I could work with giving the users a friendly link that would itself refer to the SHA1 hash, extract the file via PHP, and return the file to them, and launch the file in an associated program in their browser. I have tried this using the monotone 'cat' command, and it worked. However, I'm looking for something that I could integrate with a web server more easily than the 'cat' command.

unless you want to do delta reconstruction by hand, no. keep in mind that most of the versions in the database are stored as deltas against other versions. so reconstructing a file is not completely trivial.

-graydon