[Monotone-devel] Newbie Question 5

From: bdmon
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Question 5
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:14:32 +0100

5)  Is the security framework of Monotone not really applied at the depot,
but at the point of checking out?  As you can gather from the preceding
point, I am interested in being able to interface directly with the
versions in the depot rather than checking them out into the file system
(I realise that I may have to interface with them via their SHA1 hashes
rather than via paths and filenames).  I think I must have misread some
explanation that security was not a concern of the depot - it would seem
to me that the whole point of restricting read and write access to RSA key
authentication would make the depot secure (provided the keys have not
been compromised).  Am I right in thinking that I can use the RSA keys
such that only those sites that had a particular key would be able to pull
data from my central depot?

Regards,
Bernard Devlin