Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Changing a pass-phrase

From: Florian Becker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Changing a pass-phrase
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:32:56 +0200

Hi Graydon,

maybe we could add some more good news commands, not only for changing. I mean
deleting of this things:
- - keys
- - certs
- - files
direkt from the database.

Maybe that is also easy and possible.

Cheers

Am Dienstag, 25. Mai 2004 16:19 schrieb graydon hoare:
> Peter Simons wrote:
> > Is there any way to change the pass-phrase of an already
> > generated key?
>
> there is no command to do so, but in theory it is easy to add. the key
> is not "intrinsically bound" to the passphrase or anything; the
> passphrase is just used to key a symmetric storage cipher (ARC4), to
> prevent someone acquiring your database file from having "real" access
> to your private key.
>
> in any case, I have filed a bug. this would be a good new command, I agree.
>
> -graydon

- --
Florian Becker

PlaaSoft Technologies
Falkenstr. 4
D - 92245 Kümmersbruck
Tel: 09621 782970
Mobil: 0170 7280640

Y+ Window System
http://www.yplus.org
Y Desktop Environment
address@hidden
irc.freenode.de #yplus #y-desk #y-desk.de

Linux User Group Amberg
address@hidden
http://www.lug-amberg.de