[Monotone-devel] Re: more merge problems

From: Robert Bihlmeyer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: more merge problems
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:32:24 +0200

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> This seems to indicate that in both branches you added a file called
> "file2", but the files added were different.  If you had a file called
> "file2" in the common ancestor and then edited it to be different in
> each branch, that would work fine, but this is a different; it's a
> tree layout conflict, not a within-file textual conflict.

It may make sense to kvetch about this as it could well be a mistake
(two conceptually different files added under the same name), it's not
so different from the case of adding an empty file on both branches
and then changing them to have totally separate content.

So I'd just do a degenerate three way merge with the common ancestor
being an empty file.

--
Robbe