[Monotone-devel] Re: autoreconf --install woes

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: autoreconf --install woes
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:33:32 -0600

graydon hoare wrote:
Derek Scherger wrote:

So why has automake determined that it should claim to be version 1.5 then? aclocal.m4 says generated by aclocal 1.5 ... ??? Can anyone recommend some good reading on the wide world of autofoobar? ;)

well, you've got me stumped. I never really understood the mechanism it uses to determine versions. for a general introduction to the tools, there's always the goat book:

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

yeesh... that'll keep me reading for a while, it's probably worth reading all the same though, considering I've been using the autotools for so long without knowing anything about them ;)

this seems to fixe the problem, whatever it is...

$ WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 autoreconf --install

Derek