[Monotone-devel] Re: illegal instruction again [was: Re: monotone 0.11 t

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: illegal instruction again [was: Re: monotone 0.11 test failures]
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:00:19 -0400

Jonathan Matthew wrote:
This appears to be because of the AC_CHECK_HEADERS bit inside an 'if'.
If the 'if' is not taken, the configure script was skipping somewhere
around 15 tests, resulting in all kinds of broken weirdness.

thanks for looking into this.

I've had enough hassle with this (for comparitively minor gain -- you only notice it on p4 hardware doing large cvs imports) that I've just commented these SSE2 lines out of my development tree. we can bring them back some day in the future when we have a zillion users; for now it is just way too unappealing a risk to have someone hit "illegal instruction".

I've also re-enabled "bundled libraries" by default because the bundled sqlite has a different page size than a "default" system sqlite, and I'd just as soon have people using the 8k version unless they know what they're doing.

-graydon