[Monotone-devel] Re: Broken database?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Broken database?
Date: 09 Feb 2004 22:19:18 +0100

graydon hoare writes:

 > the obvious thing to try is just moving your depot
 > database aside and re-posting everything from a "working"
 > client db ("monotone queue addtree")

I did that, but it didn't help. Locally, I can check the
branch out just fine, but when I transfer it through the
depot, it doesn't work any longer.

Then I re-built the local database from the scratch
(dropping all history of the current version) and that fixed
the problem. So this is almost certainly a bogus certificate
somewhere.

 > "fooling around" stage

I'm using Monotone for production for several weeks already.
So far it works nicely -- as long as you don't fool around
with too many different repositories (and depots). Which is
ironic, because the reason why I chose Monotone was because
its architecture would allow me to fool around with
different repositories and depots. :-)

Anyway, most of my data is on a single machine, so I'm fine
for the moment. With the new database in place, the problem
is gone anyway.

Peter