[Monotone-devel] constants.{cc,hh} & msvc

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] constants.{cc,hh} & msvc
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:42:38 +0100

Hello.

I've tried compiling monotone with msvc and after solving a couple of minor issues I got stuck with constants.

It appears that MSVC cannot allocate arrays with size specified as extern const variable. It appears that the const variable has to be defined in the same translation unit as the array.

Any ideas for the least intrusive change? I can drop the extern from the declaration of the "size_t" variables and move the initialization from cc to hh. That way would any change of the constants cause recompile of a lot of files but right now I do not see any other way.

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic