[Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin & *.exe

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin & *.exe
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:35:35 +0100

graydon hoare wrote:

That would certainly be better. I am also more experienced with vc++ so I might be of more help there. sqlite seems to be able to work natively on windows. I've also found native popt. I know there is native iconv and intl. What I do not know about is lua, adns and cryptopp. How do they like windows? adns seems to be pretty much unix only.

lua and cryptopp are known to work under windows compilers, but possibly their make rules will need some adjustment. there is also port of adns for windows here: http://adns.jgaa.com/, but it might need some work to integrate into our build nicely.

google has pointed me to the jgaa.com site too but yesterday and even today during the day I could not get to it. Now it seems to be working. I'll give it a shot. Personaly I would tend to use the prebuilt dlls where possible. To ease the distribution we could stick them all to a zip-file to be able to download them all at once.

PS. My current build of monotone works with windows paths. It requires only cygwin1, cygiconv, cygintl dlls and it should work. I could upload it somewhere (striped 4MB) for you to test.

this is fantastic news! yes, please, any place you'd care to put it would be great.

http://kocour.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~winkler/monotone-0.9-cygwin.zip
When the dlls stay in the same dir as the exe it should work.

Zbynek
PS. Nothing more today as it is 1:35AM here ;-)