[Monotone-devel] Re: Debian sources for building monotone

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Debian sources for building monotone
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:20:50 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 01:37:06AM +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
Would it be possible to have the Debian sources for builing monotone
available? That would be more flexible. The binary version of monotone
on the monotone web site has dependencies which are not currently in
testing or unstable.

I thought the binary version of monotone on the website wasn't supposed
to have any dependencies other than libc.  Has this changed?

the debian package is dynamically linked against the system libraries, including libc, popt, pthreads, and (alas) boost. I might change this back to static now that I have this configure flag for semi-static builds, not sure. I don't know how much debian as an organization will want to enforce dynamic linking, and I'd someday like to get monotone into debian main.

at this point, my whole world of file distribution (savannah, venge.net, etc.) have either broken, been broken into, or fallen off the net, so I'll have to ask you to sit tight and wait. you can probably dig the debian control files out of our CVS server or monotone depot if and when they become accessible, and do a build from there.

-graydon