[Monotone-devel] Re: Fetching the depot

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Fetching the depot
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:25:36 -0500

Magnus Therning wrote:
I just tried to re-fetch the depot to a newly initiated database and it
failed miserably. Seems I got all the packets, but something goes
horribly wrong after that. I didn't attach the whole output since it is
long (as it always seems to be when something goes wrong in monotone
:-), it available on request. The last lines read:

I prefer verbose error reporting mechanisms to "something didn't work", as a bug report :)

um, yeah, if you get one of these, just mail the full log buffer to me, I don't mind receiving them. it's almost always the first thing I'll ask for.

what you pasted looks very odd indeed -- duplicated packets? -- so I'd be curious to see the command you issued too. I just did this, and it worked here:

$ monotone --db=fetch.db db init
$ monotone --db=fetch.db fetch \
  http://www.off.net/monotone/depot.cgi/monotone
monotone: fetching packets from group http://www.off.net/monotone/depot.cgi/monotone
monotone: [bytes: 2618403] [packets: 1912]
monotone: http fetch complete
monotone: fetched 1912 packets
$

-graydon