Re: [Monotone-devel] any equivalent to 'cvs log <file>'?

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any equivalent to 'cvs log <file>'?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:16:41 +0100

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
).  It's hackish, the graph layout algorithm sucks, it unconditionally
uses my "bibblebabble" representation for the hex strings, and it
requires Python 2.3+wxPython, but it also lets you quickly get a
visual representation of your tree and click around to gather
information about it.

It worked out of the box. Though I get the impression that it was a bad idea to put everything into one database (monotone+polytone+my apps).

Apart from having no real idea what a node should be unless I left click it (remember different branches are shown at once), I easily got a diff and an impression about what the last checkin was.

Only feature wishes:
more easily see which node belongs to which branch (color or a topmost node for branches?) and more easily get information on the files affected. Then it replaces cvs log nicely.

I prefer bibblebabble over hex strings (for brevity) but my first reactions was: In what strange arabic city list have I landed ;-)

(I'm not sure how well it will scale to a repository with long term
development in it; I'm curious to hear.)

well it coped quite well with it. But I did only import my smallest CVS repository to explore monotone.

   Christof