[Monotone-devel] Monotone implementation language

From: Sebastien Pierre
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone implementation language
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:34:21 +0200

Hi,

This maybe like a rather pointless remark, but I found that Monotone dependency
on boost and other libraries is rather annoying :/

I am thinking about making a port of Monotone for Fink (fink.sf.net), but I
will first have to port all the dependencies (well, most of them).

Don't you consider using a different language for Monotone development (like a
scripting language, or something more dynamic) ? What was the motivation with
choosing C++ as the implementation language for Monotone ?

Cheers,

 -- Sebastien