To much content match alerts

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: To much content match alerts
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 09:55:23 +0100

Hello,
I try to limit the number of alerts send by log file content matches,
but all the time a line matches an alert will send.

Does someone know, how to send the third or fifth matched alert after
some cycles only. Or how to stop sending additional alerts after a given
number of matches in a given period.

The wiki contain no information how to limit the alerts send or commands
executed.

I checked the lex and yacc source file and it seems to me, statements to
give a number of times in a cycle period is allowed, but after a short
test, it think, it doesn’t work.

check file file with path "/var/log/file.log"
  if match "string" for 3 times within 5 cycles then alert
  if match "command" for 3 times within 5 cycles then exec "/bin/echo
'test'"

Monit (5.25.2, MacOS and Linux) send an alert for the first match of the
string found immediately. But the additional "times" and "cycle"
statements accepted by Monits syntax parser.

Any suggestion,
with regards,
Lutz