Re: checking filesystem free space

From: Maurizio Marini
Subject: Re: checking filesystem free space
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 13:51:19 +0200

No, if you check with free space, you end with a disk full and monit sees 10% free

Il mar 2 ott 2018, 14:07 Lutz Mader <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hello Maurizio Marini,

> Hello
> I would check against free space, not against used one.
> EG, consider this scenario;
> df -h | grep opt
> /dev/mapper/centos-opt   313G  290G  7.9G  98% /opt
>
> for this server monit  is reporting 92% used, but I have only 2% free.
> I would receive an alarm when free space is under a certain  treshold.
> Under 5% it should send alarm., for example.
> How can I get it?
> Best regards

For some hints and tips, see
https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#SPACE-USAGE-TEST

Something like this works well
  if space free < 5% for 5 times within 15 cycles then alert
or
  if space usage > 80% for 5 times within 15 cycles then alert

With regards,
Lutz