Avoiding double authentication

From: Andrii Senkovych
Subject: Avoiding double authentication
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 02:23:22 +0200

Hello,

recently I have upgraded monit from 5.9 to 5.20 and found differences
in authentication process. I used the following setup:

set httpd port 2812 and
    use address localhost
    allow localhost

Above this I used web server with HTTP authentication enabled to
restrict access to monit web interface.

In addition I use monit command line tool and in some cases I proxy
localhost:2812 with SSH. In this case I do not need additional
authentication.

However after upgrade to 5.20 this setup no longer works: all I get is
connection being refused.

Is it possible to get previous behaviour for version 5.20?

Thank you in advance.