slow to take action

From: Nick Upson
Subject: slow to take action
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:07:22 +0100

Hi,

I have a monit configuration where it is monitoring 25 hosts (ping
test) and several local processes.

doing anything with monit except a summary takes a long time. It seems
that the tests are each done sequentially

a) this means that there is the possibility of one set of tests not
being complete when the next is due to start as the number of hosts increases

b) restarting a local process takes too long

Is there any way I can adjust the configuration to improve the situation?

--
Nick Upson (01799 533252)