Can we use Monit to monitor X window application?

From: Nikki Tan
Subject: Can we use Monit to monitor X window application?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:34:39 +0800

Hello all,
        I'm trying to use Monit to monitor my X window application written with GTK+, and the way I set up Monit is having Monit to watch the pid of my application, and then start my application for me.
        I knew that Monit naturally couldn't launch X window application, and I guessed the reason is similar to that cron daemon needs that "export DISPLAY=:0.0" to open X Window application.  I also couldn't find a way to export DISPLAY in monitrc, so I ended up setting DISPLAY env variable in C++ by using putenv(). Gladly this method worked for a couple weeks for me until today.....
        I tried re-install Monit on my ubuntu but still it couldn't launch my app for me no more.

        Does anybody happen to have some idea or suggestion?

        Thanks in advance!!!