Re: [monit] Monitor timestamp only and not existence of file

From: Rishad Omar
Subject: Re: [monit] Monitor timestamp only and not existence of file
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:04:32 +0200

Hello,

I finally installed monit version 5 but can't get monit to stop alerting
about file existence.

Ideally, I just want an alert when there is a timeout. So, no alert on
"exist" and "nonexist".

This is my configuration:
        check file mylock path /some/where/lock
                if timestamp > 5 minutes
                        then exec "some command"
                alert address@hidden only on { timestamp }
                #alert address@hidden but not on { nonexist } ... tried this
too excl/incl the line above!

I have looked at documentation as you suggested, Martin, but can't
figure it out. I expected that "only on timeout" should exclude
everything else.

Your help much appreciated. Rishad